NLMK Group (LSE: NLMK, MOEX: NLMK) in 2020 increased sales by 3% yoy to 17.5 mn tons. Steel production increased by 1% yoy to 15.8 mln tons
Key indicators 4Q. 2020:
- Steel production increased by 1% qoq to 3.9 mt (+ 3% yoy) following the completion of the reconstruction of NLMK's converter production.
- Sales decreased by 5% qoq to 4.2 mt, with slab sales declining amid rising inventories due to seasonal port workload at the end of the year, as well as a decrease in long products sales due to equipment upgrades. Compared to the same period last year, sales increased by 1% due to an increase in demand for pig iron and billets.
- Sales on domestic markets amounted to 2.6 million tonnes (-7% qoq; -10 % YoY) amid a decrease in sales of steel products in Russia.
- Sales in export markets decreased to 1.6 mt (-14% QoQ; + 21% YoY) with a decrease in sales slabs to third parties.
Key indicators 12 mon. 2020:
- Steel production increased by 1% yoy to 15.8 mt.
- Sales increased by 3% yoy to 17.5 mln tons due to a 3-fold increase in pig iron sales yoy to 1.5 mln tons amid a decrease in steel production during the reconstruction of NLMK's converter production.
- Sales on domestic markets decreased by 6 % YoY to 10.7 Mt, mainly due to lower supplies to the US market and sales of long products in Russia.
- Sales in export markets grew by 17% YoY to 6.8 Mt t, with increased exports of iron and sortovoyzagotovki