Many car owners still buy auto parts from the market. It is believed that there they are 20-80% cheaper than official suppliers. However, how justified is this? Let's take a look at all the advantages and disadvantages of buying spare parts in different places: in the car market, in specialized stores, at auto disassembly sites.
Peculiarities of buying spare parts at car markets
Among the advantages of buying parts at car markets are affordable prices and a relatively large selection. However, no one will give you a guarantee for spare parts, and the likelihood of purchasing a fake is quite high. Parts can be heaped or simply spread out on the ground. Therefore, it is imperative to check the packaging and labeling of such parts. Of course, there are also bona fide sellers in car markets who sell original products, but they are in the minority. In most cases, cheap non-original products are sold there, and the choice is limited only to popular models.
Features of buying spare parts in stores
Buying spare parts in car dealerships is convenient because you can hold them in your hands, make sure of their integrity and see the quality certificate. However, they do not offer a wide range of products. Therefore, sometimes you have to wait a long time for the delivery of a part under the order and, accordingly, the cost will be with a significant margin. And there is also the risk of stumbling upon junk or fake.
Peculiarities of buying spare parts during disassembly
Spare parts for auto disassembly https://restauto.com.ua/ - the most a cheap option, because they are all second-hand. Also, you will significantly save time on searches and will be able to order everything you need in one place. The only drawback of purchasing goods in this way is the inability to see the goods live. But you can always ask the seller to send you a photo of the part from different angles.
How to choose quality parts?
To buy good quality parts , follow these tips:
- Purchase spare parts only from trusted suppliers. Use the recommendations of people who have already had a purchase experience (interview acquaintances, read reviews on the Internet, etc.).
- Buy parts only where there is a guarantee. Keep your receipts.
- Compare prices in different stores. But remember that a spare part that is too cheap cannot be of high quality.
- Check for factory markings to ensure that the part is suitable for your particular car model.
- Do not buy spare parts according to advertisements, it is better to contact auto dismantlers.
- When you receive a part by post, always check its condition.
By adhering to these recommendations, you can pick up quality parts that will last more than one year.