Steel-aluminum AC brand wire is used in three-phase networks to transfer energy from transformer stations directly to consumers, that is, to industrial, commercial, domestic facilities. It is used for arranging overhead networks, suspension on power lines, while requirements are imposed on the atmosphere for the level of sulfur dioxide.
Features of the design and application of the AC wire
The AC steel-aluminum wire is characterized by the absence of any insulation, this is the so-called bare wire. Since it is used for the arrangement of overhead power lines, the air itself provides isolation of individual wires from each other.
The design of AC type products includes:
- solid galvanized steel wire core;
- one or more strands of round aluminum wires.
If there are several twists, they must be performed twisted towards each other, and the outer one is characterized by the right direction of twisting.
In the marking, in addition to letters, denoting the material of the core and conductive conductors, numbers are used that mean, respectively, the cross-sectional area of the aluminum part of the wire and its steel core.
The advantages of speaker wires, which ensure a high demand for these products:
- optimal flexibility;
- low price, which is possible due to the affordable cost of the conductor material and the absence of an insulating layer;
- light weight, which is typical for aluminum;
- reliability and long service life.
Wires of the AC brand differ in cross-section, which can vary in the range of 16-300 sq. mm.
Important features of the use of these products are the following operating conditions:
- temperature regime - from minus 60 to plus 40 degrees Celsius;
- permissible current - 210 A;
- the maximum heating temperature of the conductor during operation is 90 degrees Celsius.
In the VSE-E online store, AC bare wire is offered in various cross-sections. Our managers will provide advice on any type of cable and wire products and help with the choice.
Products purchased in our online store can be picked up by self or ordered delivery by courier service or by transport of the carrier company. Payment is made in cash, by bank transfer or by transfer to a card at the buyer's choice.