The disc mechanism, which blocks the liquid or gaseous flow inside the shut-off valves, is quite reliable. The simplicity of the design ensures efficiency in both full and partial pipeline shut-off. Quality manual valves not need additional power supply. A valve located perpendicular to the axis of movement of the transmitted flow does not in any way negatively affect the simplicity and speed of the valve.
The product has been used in practice for several decades. If the manufacturer initially made a high-quality shutter mechanism, used suitable sealing materials, the valve can serve without repairs and emergencies for more than 10 years. The most demanded industries that use a manual shutter are worth highlighting:
- Industrial and domestic heating circuits.
- Neutral liquid or gaseous medium.
- Drinking and technical water supply system.
- Chemical and oil refining industry.
- Manufacture of food and semi-finished products.
Important: The valve is very easy to integrate into an existing pipe system. Due to its small size and ease of use, it does not require special conditions for installation. Including in the future will allow for prompt and high-quality repairs.
Main advantages of the mechanism
Low dead weight and relatively compact dimensions are not the only advantages of butterfly valves. To other, equally important aspects of daily operation, the following factors can be added:
- suitable for small, medium and large pipe diameters;
- repair and replacement of the seal is carried out without complete dismantling;
- ease of use and ease of care;
- there are no places where dirt accumulates in the valve;
- the minimum natural indicator of hydraulic and air resistance.
Most often, valves, due to their design, are made of inexpensive cast iron. But, the industry produces valves from other metals and their alloys. Medium and large gate valves have special gearboxes to facilitate the operation of the locking mechanism.