Certain types of pipeline systems used for pumping liquids or gases (including reactive or high pressure) require higher quality parameters. Among them, special attention is paid to:
- Length of service life.
- Possibilities for underground or outdoor use.
- No maintenance costs (painting, anti-corrosion treatment).
All of these criteria are met by such a range of rolled metal products as stainless pipe of various sizes parameters, made of steel 12x18n10t with AISI 304 additive. Its main components are:
- Chrome up to 17%
- Nickel not more than 11%.
- The carbon concentration does not exceed 0.1%.
- Titanium is the alloying element.
In addition to its anti-corrosion properties, the product is distinguished by a high coefficient of elasticity and the ability to work under significant internal pressure of the working fluid pumped through the pipeline.
Classification by manufacturing method
When choosing a stainless pipe for installation of a pipeline system, first of all, the designers calculate the type of product that meets the technical parameters of the specific operation. This assortment of rolled metal products is classified according to the classical principles of the method of its production:
- Seamless products are expensive, but have high indicators of strength, resistance to external and internal physical stress.
- Seam made by welding - modern technologies for the manufacture of pipes using welding equipment (including in vacuum or inert gas), allow you to achieve high quality indicators for this type of product. Seam pipes have a more affordable cost and are not inferior to seamless analogs in terms of durability (service life is more than 50 years).
You can get more complete information and select the required type of pipes made of stainless steel grades using the official website of the WestWerk company, which supplies them directly from manufacturers. All the assortment presented in the catalog is available in the supplier's warehouse and is shipped to the customer in any region of the country after the conclusion of the contract. For consultation on the resource, there is an option of online communication with the technical project manager.