Rolled metal is a general name for a category of products made of pure metals, steel and other alloys, which have various shapes. Due to the variety of products, they are widely used in various industries. It is impossible to imagine modern construction without the use of rolled metal, road construction (creation of enclosing structures, rails, etc.). For the arrangement of ventilation and heating systems, metal elements are also needed. Rolled metal is also in demand in pipelines, in the manufacture of tanks, on production platforms (in the sphere of gas and water supply). In addition, one of the largest consumers of metal in the world is the engineering industry.
In any of the above areas, rolled metal products play a leading role, therefore, strict requirements are imposed on the level of their quality. To ensure the performance of your products is consistent with high performance, you need to partner with trusted and trusted suppliers. Sells selected metal metal warehouse in St. Petersburg "Adamant Steel". It is a leading supplier of rolled metal and various metal structures, whose services are used by representatives of large and medium-sized businesses.
Classification: two main groups
Rolled metal products are divided into two large groups. According to this classification, it can be leaf and varietal. The sheet category is represented by metal sheets and rolled coils (cold and hot). The assortment consists of shaped or simple products. Examples of simple shapes are circle, square. Shaped products are pipes, channels, rails.
Popular types of rolled metal
Rolled metal products can have different designs. The most popular are the following options:
- reinforcement (in demand in the construction of reinforced concrete structures, steel (low-alloy, carbon) is used for the manufacture);
- pipes (hollow rolled metal products having different sections);
- steel sheets (rolled plates with different thicknesses);
- channel bars (have a cross-section that resembles the letter "P", are used for the production of machine tools, all kinds of machines, erection of bearing supports during construction);
- corrugated sheet (ribbed sheets of small thickness, can be wall, load-bearing or roofing).
Also popular are metal beams (in the form of beams), which are based on carbon steel.