A dust collector is a device that removes small dust particles and other mixtures that are present in the airspace of a factory. Dust traps are used, as a rule, in closed workshops, rooms. The device has a metal case, sections at the bottom and top. There is a small volume of liquid in the lower section. By means of a fan, air filled with dust enters through the inlet, after which it interacts with water. This is how dust pollution is removed. Dust that floats comes out through the valve.
Types of Dust Trap Cleaning
Dust collectors are divided into two cleaning categories, namely wet and dry dust collectors.
- Wet dust traps. They function by centrifugal force. They are also called scrubbers. After dusty air enters them, dust is moistened by spraying the dust with water, this dust penetrates into the receiver. This type of cleansing is most effective. But this will require a closed irrigation system, which significantly increases energy costs. In cold weather, the building should be heated to prevent the water from freezing.
- Dry dust traps. They function based on centrifugal force. They work on the principle of a fan. It is usually used to trap larger dust particles. Under the influence of gravity, dust settles at the bottom of the housing, accumulates in the hopper. Such attachments should not be used if the dust tends to harden.
Where are dust collectors used?
- in the production of cement and concrete;
- in foundries;
- in the metallurgical industry;
- in the manufacture and processing of flour.
Industrial dust collectors have a high efficiency of work, the productivity of eliminating pollution. No need to connect additional devices.
Today, the dust collector market does not stand still, it is constantly developing. A wide range of dust extractors of various categories is currently offered at an affordable cost. Before purchasing, it is best to consult to choose the right one. It is necessary to pay attention to how long and with what intensity the dust collector will be used, what kind of dust will be. At the same time, environmental requirements and standards are being raised. Therefore dust collectors are very important.