The purchase of equipment designed to apply the desired labeling to packaging is an important moment in the development of any enterprise. It is important not to be mistaken here. The variety of machines for marking here is quite large. But, each has its own areas of application and advantages in everyday use.
Direct contact is required to apply information to packaging or products. It can be compared to a classic seal, when a visible print remains after a short contact. The main advantage of the equipment is its relatively low cost and ease of daily operation. Other advantages are worth adding:
- Resistance to mechanical abrasion.
- Data change occurs at the program level.
- There are practically no restrictions on the information that can be applied.
- A clear print that can be easily seen by scanners and the human eye.
The only limitation of the equipment used, the material of the product or packaging must be sufficiently dense, with a flat surface. The more unstable the surface, the less likely it is to achieve acceptable characterization.
Laser and ink jet equipment is rapidly gaining popularity in the marking machine market. Despite the high initial cost, it fully pays off later. The main and indisputable advantages include:
- insignificant cost of the print;
- any surface is subject to marking;
- no restrictions on the type of image (letters, numbers, pictures);
- reasonably good resistance to mechanical abrasion;
- the ink used does not spoil the product.
Laser equipment is especially popular, since its operation does not require consumables. Within a few years, the machine completely pays for itself, without requiring the cost of marking to be included in the manufactured product. If the laser equipment is well tuned, the marking will be clearly visible even on transparent materials such as plastic packaging.
Important: Labeling is still used on many production lines. But, even the best equipment requires intervention and control by a responsible employee. Which in its role imposes responsibility on the whole consignment.