Any employee strives to have proper working conditions. And this applies not only to salaries, but also to the workplace. It must be safe. The employer should take care of this directly.
What is SOUT?
Any employer is competent to carry out a special assessment of working conditions (SAWC). The special assessment allows you to assess the quality of the organization of the work process at the enterprise. If it is not organized correctly, then employees of the company can be injured or significantly worsen their health.
Not only employers, but also employees should know about the importance of SOUT. In this case, they will be able to protect themselves from serious occupational diseases. In addition, if an employee works in hazardous conditions, he can count on additional compensation (for example, a few extra days of vacation). Learn about what a special assessment of working conditions means - more can be found on the website of laboratory research centers that provide services for conducting SOUT.
Stages of the SOUT
Special assessment is a long-term process, which consists of several stages:
- Preparation. Before carrying out the SAUT, it is necessary to carefully study the law governing the process of conducting a special assessment. The training also involves a detailed study of the current working conditions. Moreover, it is advisable to communicate with workers who work in these conditions. Perhaps they will suggest some changes that will make them safer and more productive.
- Publication of the order on SOUT. Before collecting a commission, you should know that it must include an odd number of members. At this stage, it will also be necessary to prepare a list of jobs to be checked. In addition, it is worth identifying potentially dangerous and harmful factors affecting the safety of employees of the enterprise.
- Select a laboratory. This stage can be called the most important. This event should be entrusted to scientific and laboratory centers that have the necessary accreditation. It is worth noting that cooperation with the laboratory must be secured by an agreement.
- The work of experts. At this stage, company leaders need to cooperate in every possible way with the expert group responsible for conducting the assessment.
- Study of the SOUT report. If the leader agrees with the conclusions of the commission members, he just needs to sign their report. If there are any shortcomings or inaccuracies, then it is necessary to point them out to the representatives of the expert group.
- Familiarizing employees with the assessment results. Employees of the enterprise must read the report and sign it. In addition, this report should be posted on the official website of the company within a month after its preparation.
It remains to add that the heads of the enterprise need to issue an order on the provision of guarantees and compensation to employees who work in hazardous conditions.