Modern cars are quite reliable in everyday use. They rarely break down if they are serviced in a timely manner. But, no one is insured against sudden breakdowns, even the owners of premium cars. Calling a Kiev tow truck may be required by everyone. But in order for the evacuation of the car to take place in the shortest possible time and at a fixed cost, you should take care to call a special car correctly.
We report important information to the dispatcher
Private tow trucks also exist, but, most often, special companies are engaged in this type of service, in the arsenal of which there is a fairly wide range of trucks. This is due to the fact that each vehicle will have its own unique technical data for the evacuation. If the car could not be started, and you definitely needed an evacuation, you must inform the dispatcher of the following data:
- The exact make of the car, or its weight and physical dimensions.
- Type of transmission, automatic or manual.
- Report the type of breakdown, how far the vehicle is moving.
- In case of an accident, indicate the nature of the damage, how much the wheels are blocked.
- The exact location of the car and where you need to take your "property".
Important: the owner of the car will definitely need to have documents with him that will confirm that the vehicle really belongs to him. Reputable companies will never transport a car if there is no full confidence that its transportation is completely legal.
Why not towing
Car breakdown is not necessarily related to wheel lock, transmission or suspension damage. The driver may want to take the help of friends and tow the car to a service station. The method can indeed be applied, but it has many negative consequences:
- towing in Kiev is extremely dangerous;
- emergency braking of the tug will result in a collision with the injured vehicle;
- the towboat may damage the clutch during service;
- very slow speed wastes precious time;
- increased risk of repeated accidents.
If the car is seriously damaged, crane manipulator with a special platform. Loading and unloading in this case will not cause additional damage to the body. But, this type of evacuation is more expensive than loading onto a platform using a winch and a cable.