Home / News / Ukraine / From January 1, 98% of all Ukrainian goods will have free access to the UK market

From January 1, 98% of all Ukrainian goods will have free access to the UK market

Ukraine / Europe

The Free Trade Agreement will significantly improve the balance and structure of bilateral trade between Ukraine and the United Kingdom.

From January 1, 98% of all Ukrainian goods will have free access to the UK market

In 2020, a Free Trade Agreement between Ukraine and the UK was signed, which will come into effect on January 1, 2021. In particular, the document will provide free access to the British market for 98% of Ukrainian products, and from 2023 the remaining 2% will be liberalized for Ukraine.

“This is a significant event for us, because it was important not only to sign the Agreement with Great Britain, but also to coordinate it with the European Union, taking into account the association agreement signed earlier. We managed to achieve good results, since our indicators of trade with the European Union have not been changed, "Igor Petrashko said during the final press conference.

The agreement will significantly improve the balance and structure of bilateral trade between Ukraine and the United Kingdom, provide compelling business opportunities, beneficial cooperation with Ukrainian partners.

Also, the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine is preparing for new agreements with Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Vietnam, Indonesia and China. In addition, Ukraine is expanding opportunities for preferential export of goods to the markets of the EU, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Georgia under the PanEuroMed Regional Convention.

Among other results of international cooperation is the intensification of work on the "industrial visa-free", which will provide additional trade preferences for Ukrainian exporters, and the recognition of the Ukrainian seed certification system by the EU countries, allows Ukraine to fully participate in international seed trade.

"This is a step towards recognizing that Ukrainian agricultural products will continue to expand their presence in the European market," the minister stressed.

МЕТАЛЛУРГПРОМ
Add a comment
Сomments (0)
To comment
Войти с ВК Войти с ФБ Войти с Яндекс
Sign in with:
Войти с ВК Войти с ФБ Войти с Яндекс