The petroleum product is used in industrial and low voltage transformers for two purposes. On the one hand, the liquid allows excess heat to be removed from electrical equipment, maintaining optimal working conditions. On the other hand, high-quality oil from the manufacturer Continent provides the necessary insulating properties. Even a small admixture of dirt or suspended mineral particles can lead to negative consequences in daily use.
Basic technical requirements
In order for a product to perform its basic functions, the oil must meet the accepted quality criteria. Power transformers can work for years and do not require maintenance, but on condition that high-quality oil is poured inside the case:
- Low viscosity index, retains fluidity with decreasing temperature.
- Excellent heat dissipation so equipment does not overheat.
- Lack of admission of water, which is guaranteed to negatively affect the metal parts of the transformer.
- Sulfuric acids, which destroy all types of metals, are excluded.
- Durability in terms of exposure to high electric current.
Important: any, even minor impurities inside the transformer oil will lead to unstable operation of the transformer equipment. It is for this reason that such high quality requirements are imposed on this group of products.
Choosing the right transformer oil
There are several brands of petroleum product to give the consumer a choice. Not all transformers operate under the same conditions. Accordingly, they need to choose an oil that is more accurate in terms of performance characteristics. The most popular and demanded are the following brands of oil products:
- Type VG - made from raw materials with a high paraffin content, used for high-class transformers;
- HA type - better resists oxidative processes with non-ferrous metals, has a long service life;
- Type TKp - produced from raw materials with a low sulfur content, the lubricant is suitable for equipment with voltages up to 500 kV.
On average, if transformer oil https://voenmasla.ru/catalog /masla /transformatornye-masla has been produced in accordance with all strict requirements and has a minimum life of 20-25 years. But, the duration of operation can be influenced by numerous negative factors, both natural and mechanical.