A beautiful and functional fireplace is able not only to decorate the main room in the house, but also to give it an indescribable comfort. In addition, to a certain extent, the fireplace retains its original properties of the heater. But, which model to choose from a wide range of https://kawmet.ua/kiev/ provided by the manufacturers. Steel and cast iron are in the highest demand. But, even here, a competent approach is needed.
Open or closed firebox
The closed design gives a lot more heat, but in essence turns into a classic oven with a transparent front wall. An open firebox is less fire safe, but leaves open access to the flame. The main advantages of steel structures can be added:
- Easy replacement of the internal ceramic refractory part in case of damage.
- Very wide variety in physical size.
- Production of very large sizes for commercial purposes.
- The design range has a greater variety.
There is no particular difference between the performance characteristics of the steel and cast iron models. The only significant difference is the fact that a cast-iron fireplace keeps heat longer, the field of burning wood, pellets or coal.
Advantages of cast iron fireplaces
A massive structure looks more solid both in a brick and in a wooden house. It will perfectly cope with the combustion of coal at high temperatures, without any negative consequences. It is necessary to add to other important advantages of the model:
- more uniform combustion of solid fuel;
- longest service life without breakage;
- cast iron cannot burn out during normal operation;
- high rate of heat transfer to the room;
- slight natural expansion of cast iron, even at very high temperatures.
By and large, the choice of a fireplace made of steel or cast iron should primarily be based on visual, aesthetic preferences. It should fit well in the selected room. Ensure safe intermittent or continuous operation. And only as a last resort to be guided by the price of the product.