The management is doing everything to stop our plant: in fact, the metallurgical giant is being sabotaged and killed - two of the three blast furnaces are shut down, the converter shop is not working at full capacity. All this is done under the pretext of non-competitiveness and a decrease in production volumes, which is absolute nonsense ... Personally, our proposal, as metallurgical workers, is the nationalization of PJSC "DMK " and other similar factories in the country with complete and unconditional de-oligarchization of production sectors, according to handling.
<! --dle_media_begin: https://youtu.be/opC-PO7hCVY-->
PJSC Dnipro Metallurgical Plant (DMK), which is controlled by Rinat Akhmetov's Metinvest, stopped part of its main production facilities at the beginning of October, explaining this by the global crisis in the metal products market, a decrease in profitability and a shortage of working capital.
In order to reduce the current costs of the plant, as well as to preserve jobs, the administration of the enterprise decided not to put into operation the DP-9, GP-12 - in the blast-furnace shop, which were stopped earlier for repairs, oxygen converter No.1, CCM-3 - in the converter ... The personnel serving these production sites are partially transferred to auxiliary work, partially taken out of service.
In May 2017, DMK came under the management of Metinvest Group. Although the company is formally controlled by Sergey Taruta's ISD corporation, most of the products are sold through the structures of Rinat Akhmetov.
In May 2019, the co-owner of the corporation of the Industrial Union of Donbass (ISD), Sergei Taruta, at a meeting with the collective of the plant, said that the bankruptcy procedure of the Dnieper Metallurgical Plant is inevitable due to aggressive creditors.
Public Joint Stock Company "Dneprovsky Metallurgical Plant" is one of the largest enterprises of the mining and metallurgical complex of Ukraine, specializing in the production of cast iron, steel, rolled products. The company was founded in 1889. The plant employs about 9,500 people.