Hyundai Motor and Kia Motors to resume and gradually increase the production of cars in South Korea since 11 February, said in a statement on Monday.
Hyundai last week became the first global automaker, which halted production outside of China due to the outbreak of coronavirus, violated the supply of parts from China.
Earlier on Monday the representative of the trade Union of Hyundai Motor said that component suppliers have resumed production in China on Monday and it is expected that most of the plants of the automaker in South Korea will resume production in the period from 11 to 17 February.
"the company will operate in accordance with the status of supply of spare parts," - said in a statement.
Previously, a Kia spokesman said the automaker has suspended most production at its three automotive plants in South Korea on Monday due to a lack of spare parts.
According to officials, most of the production in the factories Kia's Gwangju Sahari will be suspended Monday and Tuesday, adding that the company will monitor the availability of spare parts to determine whether to resume production after that.
According to him, the plant Kia in Hwange suspended production on Monday and is expected to resume production on Tuesday.
on Monday, Chinese factories resumed production across China as the government has lifted some restrictions on working during the epidemic of the coronavirus, which has killed more than 900 people. The death toll in Sunday amounted to 97 people and was the largest in one day since the beginning of the epidemic in December 2019.
Earlier it was reported that in 2020, the Hyundai Motor Group Chairman Mr Chung Mong Koo (Mong-Koo Chung) will be accepted into the Automotive Hall of fame, which is the highest recognition of service to the industry.
Mr. Chung will become the first Korean citizen – a member of the open in 1939, the Automotive Hall of fame, which includes about 800 business leaders from around the world. The official ceremony will take place on 23 July 2020 in Detroit.