An alloy of such rare earth metals as nickel and chromium has received the official (used in engineering and technical reference books) name "nichrome". Wire and nichrome tape according to the set parameters GOST, contains in its abbreviation:
- The letter "X" is the percentage of chromium.
- The letter "H" is the amount of nickel.
Additionally, the alloy in small proportions includes silicon, iron, manganese and aluminum. The most common is the X20H80 brand. Nichrome belongs to the category of heat-resistant alloys with:
- High electrical resistivity,
- Excellent weldability (easily weldable).
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion.
- Resistant to corrosion and aggressive chemicals.
The presence of increased softness, elasticity and viscosity makes it possible to produce rolled metal from nichrome in the form of a strip with a thickness of 0.1 mm and a wire with the same cross-sectional size.
Areas of use of nichrome tape and wire
Manufacturers supply nichrome rolled metal in the format of rolls (coils) of wire or tape of various dimensions. The technical characteristics of the alloy allow the use of components or parts made from it at temperatures up to 1200 C degrees. Wire 0.1 mm thick is used even in medicine as a suture thread. Complete immunity to the effects of corrosion significantly reduces the healing time, and excludes the occurrence of an abscess. Various assortment of rolled metal (wire, tape) has found wide application and is used:
- In the electrical and electronic industry.
- In the form of separate parts of water heating production and household equipment.
- As accessories for electric ovens of various capacities and capacities.
You can get more complete information and get acquainted with the types of nichrome tape and wire using the online catalog of the TDMC company. All the names of rolled products presented on its pages fully comply with the declared technical parameters, as well as the criteria of the current GOST and have a manufacturer's quality guarantee. For consultation on the selection and purchase of the resource, the option of contacting the manager is provided. The delivery of the selected products is carried out on a contractual basis from the company's warehouse.