Modern technologies never stop developing. Traditional metal processing is gradually being pushed into the background. Professional laser cutting of titanium gives better and faster results. Leaves much less waste and does not require re-edging. But, this technology has its own peculiarities of application in practice.
The main advantages of a laser are the following factors. Place the maximum number of future parts on one sheet, regardless of the complexity of their geometric shapes. The laser provides the minimum cutting thickness, does not require leaving too large a gap between adjacent parts. In addition, the technology has other advantages:
- Brief spot heating does not distort the part as a whole.
- The laser does not change the physical and operational properties of titanium.
- Smooth and beautiful edges do not need additional processing.
- The cutting speed is significantly faster than any other method.
- Relatively quiet and clean titanium sheet production.
Cutting equipment can be adjusted to almost any workpiece thickness. In the process of cutting, the laser head moves along the workpiece. Sheet metal is motionless on the table. At the same time, without receiving any mechanical damage, if the customer needs to receive parts without traces, scratches or dents.
Industrial titanium cutting
This unique metal has many useful properties. But, due to the high cost of raw materials, it is used mainly in industry. Accordingly, products from sheet blanks are produced not in quantities of several pieces, but in series. The fewer rejects and unclaimed raw materials, the cheaper the cost of one part is. To the features of industrial cutting, you can add:
- cutting pure titanium and alloy is practically the same in high quality;
- parts on one sheet can be placed as close to each other as possible;
- technological holes and contours will have deviations of no more than 1 micron;
- overheating of the workpiece is completely excluded by the technological process;
- the finished result does not need to be further processed, increasing the cost of parts.
Processing of titanium with a laser installation, as well as cutting brass , completely controlled by a pre-written program. The absence of scrap can be identified as the main advantage of the method over the classical methods of manufacturing parts.