A wide variety of equipment can be used for shaped cutting of steel sheet. But, especially popular are band saws , capable of handling workpieces of various sizes ... The peculiarity of the equipment is that it cuts both ferrous and non-ferrous metals equally well.
Features of the structure of the machine
Any equipment has its own design features that allow it to effectively cope with the assigned tasks. Band saw machines are no exception. Developed a long time ago, they have practically no technical drawbacks. A standard design consists of the following parts:
- Steel base, the body that holds the rest.
- Moving, driving mechanisms and electric motor.
- Special, replaceable band saw for metals.
- The node that moves the saw.
- System that feeds the workpiece for sawing parts.
Depending on the design features, the machine can have either an electric or a hydraulic drive to automate the work process. As the final drive, most machine tool manufacturers choose the V-belt option. It allows you to damp natural vibrations, and make the simplest belt replacement as it is naturally worn out.
Main area of operation
There are both fully automatic and semi-automatic machine designs. Due to their size and speed of work, the machines are used by large enterprises for the serial production of parts or components for subsequent assembly. The main areas of operation are:
- production of agricultural machinery;
- automotive, including trucks;
- production of parts for household appliances;
- preparation of workpieces of the required length;
- cutting a long metal profile.
High productivity and speed of execution of a monotonous process is complemented by the resistance of machine tools to overheating. High-quality metalworking machines and tools can resist increased wear for a long time. The main rule is to choose the right band saw for a certain type of metal or their alloys. Timely service and lubricate equipment so that it does not receive critical wear.