The simplest and most reliable connection of two materials can provide a bolt. An insignificant detail, at first glance, is found in all spheres of human life without exception. From modern smartphones to space stations, bolting is used everywhere. It is for this reason that there is such a great variety of them. An example would be the source https://traiv-komplekt.ru/catalog/categories /bolt /, where each product is described with maximum accuracy.
Each bolt has its own individual dimensions, physical and performance characteristics. But, in order for them to be classified, there are several characteristics by which they are distinguished:
- The shape of the head tells you which tool you need to use to screw it. And also, in which field it is best applied.
- The shape of the bar matters too. In addition to the most common direct, there are more than two dozen products with narrowly targeted applications.
- Thread type and ball can also be customized. There are no universal standards on this matter.
- But the version is based on the international, European or the standard of a particular country.
- The accuracy class and strength of the finished product also vary within limited limits.
Such a wide variety is necessary in order to select fasteners for unique performance characteristics. Make the connection secure enough without adding unnecessary cost to the fastener.
In the domestic and industrial sector, bolts will have completely different requirements. This applies not only to dimensions, but also to all other characteristics listed earlier. The following types of bolts can be distinguished by the type of purpose:
- railway bolts, have strictly limited dimensions and are made of especially strong high-carbon steel;
- road products can have various strengths and dimensions, necessary for securing the infrastructure of communication lines;
- a building bolt, in addition to high strength, boasts an oversized head, for more competent load distribution;
- machine-building hardware has standard head types.
Important: most hardware have an additional, protective layer against corrosion. However, depending on the application, there may be no protection.