Among the wide variety of fastening structures, some of them still have maximum versatility. The classic bolt m12x40 has sufficiently strong physical characteristics to resist negative factors of exploitation for several years. But, at the same time, it will allow you to disconnect the connection, if the need arises.
Variety of heads
The purpose of a bolt can be very diverse. The hexagonal head is considered universal. But, for specific purposes, manufacturers can produce a wide variety of shapes, for standard and unique tools. The most popular are the following types found in free sale:
- Hexagon - used on a wide variety of engines.
- Secret - ideal for the furniture industry.
- Semicircular - like the previous version, great for decorative purposes.
- Eye-head - necessary for solving specific tasks.
- Anchor - used to fix the bolt for an extended period.
Important: there are other, even rarer types of bolt heads aimed at solving unique problems, or the inability to unscrew them without the help of a suitable tool. There are several standards for bolt threads. But, as is the case with heads, there are a wide variety of exceptions.
Technologies are constantly at an active stage of development. The connection of various parts using bolts and nuts will be relevant regardless of any variable factors. At the moment, the scope of application is so wide that it is difficult to find at least one industry in which there are no fasteners:
- construction and assembly area;
- assembly of machines and various mechanisms;
- in the household, for renovation and in the workshop;
- furniture industry;
- building complex devices.
Bolt sizes can be very different. bolt m14 many requirements of engineering structures. Strong enough if used in large quantities. It has an affordable cost and is easily replaced if it breaks down. Like other fasteners, bolts are made from steel of different strengths. The harder the steel, the higher its strength, both under static and dynamic loads.