Many newcomers to the game of Poker started their careers by watching tournaments. Online Poker Tournaments is a chance for everyone not only to gain popularity, but also to get a solid prize pool. They are held on a regular basis and bring together players from different cities and countries at the table. Both experienced professionals and those who are just mastering the basics of this popular game all over the world can take part in the online Poker tournament.
Top Major Poker Tournaments
Consider the five largest tournaments that have become famous all over the world.
- WSOP refers to the global series of games. The first such tournament was played in 1970. Since then, the number of participants has been constantly added. The WSOP is one of the most prestigious events in the world. It is held during the summer in Las Vegas. To participate in it, you need to deposit 10 thousand dollars. However, the prize pool amounts to tens of millions of dollars. Within its framework, the winner receives the title of World Poker Champion, as evidenced by a special bracelet.
- WCOOP is the World Championship of Online Poker. The event is sponsored by Poker Star. The launch took place in 2002. Since then, the online tournament has been held on a regular basis. However, you can only get here through qualifying tournaments.
- The Triton Poker Tournament is an event in which Poker is played primarily by professionals and businessmen. There are different matches played and the buy-in amounts vary.
- Big One for One Drop is a tournament that started in 2012. A record amount of winnings were paid out that year. The meetings usually take place in the summer. The prize pool is $ 40 million.
- WPT, which refers to international TV programming and entertainment. The amount of entrance fees here can vary from 3500 to 25 thousand dollars. Once completed and a winner has been identified, tickets can be obtained to enter the World Tournament. You can also get money for hotel accommodation and transfers.
This brings us to five of the biggest poker tournaments.