A special device for searching for inclusions of metal in the raw materials entering the conveyor line is in sufficient demand. High-quality industrial metal detector can recognize not only ferrous, but also non-ferrous metals, as well as their various alloys. In a stationary version, it works non-stop in a scanned mode, timely detecting unwanted impurities.
How an industrial device works
Setting up a stationary metal detector is quite simple, the main thing is to install it directly above the conveyor line so that the scanning part completely captures the entire flow of raw materials. An incorrect setting does not guarantee that the detector does not miss some of the inclusions, which may negatively affect the processing of raw materials in the future:
- The raw material must move at a certain speed.
- If an object is detected, sound and light signaling is given.
- Automatic feed stop is triggered.
- Manual or automatic removal of dirt.
- Manual or automatic start of a continuation.
Automation has significant advantages over manual counterparts. But, in the second case, the equipment is much cheaper. Requires constant presence of an operator responsible for metal removal and conveyor belt restart.
When you can't do without a detector
Metal finders can be installed not only on the raw material supply line, but also on the conveyor with finished products. The relatively small size does not require significant modifications at the existing production facilities. And the need for metal detectors may arise in the following types of production:
- quality control of raw materials from the supplier;
- clean raw materials do not spoil the processing equipment later;
- safety and health of the consumer, when controlling the final product;
- the reputation of a company that has no unnecessary metal in its products;
- entering the international market with its strict quality control.
It is especially important to install such equipment in food enterprises. An accidental bolt or metal bracket can penetrate the finished product at all stages of production. Its timely detection will avoid expensive litigation. It guarantees the preservation of the reputation and improvement of the quality of goods, only through strict adherence to technology.