The main part of the canteen is the distribution line. People take dishes from special shelves on their own or ask employees to add a portion. It is convenient, because you can quickly serve a lot of visitors. This is especially important in educational institutions, in large enterprises.
Classic dining line consists of the following parts:
- Wardrobe for desserts and salads. Closed with transparent doors. The person takes the dish he likes on his own.
- Soup pans. Equipped with heating elements located at the bottom. Food stays hot for a long time. It is applied by the worker.
- Containers for side dishes, meat and fish. Can be heated from below to keep food cool.
- Shelves for bakery products. Usually found above the main canteen distribution line. Already poured drinks or food in small packages (cookies, juices, soda) may be located here.
- Boiler. Heats water for tea.
- Apparatus for making coffee.
At the end is the checkout. It should be convenient for the employee to evaluate the list of dishes on the visitor's tray in order to correctly calculate the purchase price.
At the end of the distribution line, there is a holder for napkins and cutlery. Here, a person can take everything they need to eat. In some establishments, microwave ovens are installed for self-heating of food. This is convenient in places where workers do not have time to reheat food due to the large number of visitors, and the distribution line for the canteen is not equipped with heating elements.
There are several types of equipment for self-selection of food. They differ according to the following criteria:
- list of equipment;
- size of compartments;
- configuration (linear or L-shaped distribution line for the dining room).
The technique is selected depending on the size and shape of the room. It is most convenient to use linearly arranged wide containers and food stands. But not all establishments have a place to install them. Therefore, compact L-shaped models are no less popular. They are installed in a corner and do not take up much space. The size of the food containers depends on the number of visitors.
Food lines for canteens are sold complete with all the necessary equipment. They can be purchased and installed immediately in a catering establishment. Such equipment will be convenient for both workers and visitors.