Metal tile is a versatile roofing material that is used in private residential construction to create classic and modern exteriors. Metal tile to buy which can be purchased from many well-known manufacturers, is strong and durable , resistance to external influences and attractive appearance. Consider the features of the manufacture of this material.
How is metal roofing produced?
The main raw material is cold-rolled sheet steel, the thickness of the sheet can vary from 0.3 to 0.7 mm. The most common standard profile thickness is 0.5 mm.
All raw materials according to standards should be produced only at metallurgical factories using specialized equipment. The sheet is rolled on a special machine, after which a galvanized coating is applied to it, using hot-dip galvanizing technology. The zinc layer protects the metal surface from corrosion.
At the final stage, a coating of polymeric materials is applied to the workpiece, which performs not only a decorative, but also a protective function (the polymer resists rust and negative environmental influences).
Please note: the higher the thickness of the metal, the more durable the tile will be. In most cases, the material from thin sheets is produced by Chinese manufacturers; there are doubts about its durability.
The advantages of high-quality metal tiles include the following:
- High strength and resistance to mechanical stress. The tile can easily withstand the weight of tree branches and other loads.
- Large selection of colors, shapes and textures. You can buy panels with a matte and shiny finish. Choose the material according to your preferences and design project.
- Easy installation thanks to special locking systems, the ability to install on any roof.
- Resistant to weathering, including corrosion processes due to protective coatings.
- Ecological purity of the material and safety for the environment. No toxic components are used in the manufacture of tiles.
When finishing work, it is also recommended to pay attention to facade panels for exterior decoration, which are of high quality and attractive appearance. Choose materials from trusted manufacturers who provide certificates for their products.