Incorrect operation and transmission of data not only leads to their loss, but also provides the possibility of their being stolen by third parties. Such an opportunity is also provided during planned and unscheduled operability of objects. The importance of saving data in APCS is necessary not only at the state level, but also inside individual corporation.
Using specialized software is the first step towards security. Without unique equipment, it is almost impossible to remotely connect. Universal, universally applicable operating systems are simply incompatible with automated process control systems. Other factors include:
- Actuators and other controller equipment.
- Office and industrial computers adapted for USS TP.
- Continuous operation, even while troubleshooting glitches and errors.
- Lack of electricity does not lead to the loss of a large amount of data.
But, despite the relatively small number of attacks, equipment has its weaknesses if misused. It is enough to restrict access to the equipment only to responsible persons, and the likelihood of information theft will significantly decrease.
A Practical Approach to Defense
The use of automatic systems made it possible not only to simplify the production process, but also to eliminate many errors associated with the human factor. If you adhere to some rules, the system will be completely protected from hacking:
- unidirectional data transmission through specific software and hardware solutions;
- internal analysis of aspects of device operation, using antivirus software;
- perimeter security, no third-party connections;
- protection not only of the internal network, but also of its additional nodes.
Ensuring security allows you to organize the work of all divisions of the enterprise. Timely software and security policy updates will reduce information leakage and neutralize external attacks that negatively affect the production process.