Home / News / Russia / NLMK restores steel production after fire at Lipetsk site

NLMK restores steel production after fire at Lipetsk site

Russia

In early August, NLMK fully resumed the operation of the modernized converter shop N2, where on August 9 an explosion occurred at the oxygen distribution point, as a result of which the roof caught fire and the wall was destroyed.

NLMK restores steel production after fire at Lipetsk site

The Novolipetsk Metallurgical Plant (NLMK) of Russian billionaire Vladimir Lisin has restored steel production, which had been suspended almost a week ago after an explosion and subsequent fire at an oxygen distribution point on the Lipetsk site, which resulted in the shutdown of converter shop N2.

“Repair work and commissioning of equipment have been completed. Steel production was resumed in the planned volume on the morning of August 14, ”the company said.

On Friday, August 13, commissioning work at the oxygen distribution point was completed.

Let us remind you that an explosion and fire occurred at the NLMK oxygen distribution point on August 9, as a result of which the operation of converter shop N2 was suspended.

NLMK Group is a vertically integrated steel company with production assets in Russia, Europe and the United States. Vladimir Lisin, through Fletcher, owns 79.3% of NLMK. Lisin owns 95.74% of Fletcher directly and through Rumelko LLC, the remaining 4.26% belongs to Yuri Lisin's RiskInvest Holding.

МЕТАЛЛУРГПРОМ
Partner news
Сomments
Add a comment
Сomments (0)
To comment
Войти с ВК Войти с ФБ Войти с Яндекс
Sign in with:
Войти с ВК Войти с ФБ Войти с Яндекс