The State Energy Efficiency Agency of Ukraine has submitted for public discussion the draft National Action Plan for the Development of Renewable Energy for the period up to 2030. The project defines an indicative target for the consumption of energy from renewable sources in 2030 at the level of 27%, including in the sectors:
- power industry – 25%;
- heating and cooling - 35%;
- transport - 14%.
The National Plan not only sets goals for the development of the industry until 2030, but provides for measures that will ensure the balanced development of renewable electricity, heat and renewable energy consumption in transport.
So, given the technical and economic challenges in the field of renewable energy, the document pays considerable attention, in particular:
- ensuring the continuity of generation of renewable generation facilities, increasing the reliability of energy supply, transferring seasonal changes in demand for electricity;
- stimulating the production of "clean" electricity on a market basis;
- improving conditions for supporting energy cooperatives and private households;
- introducing a mechanism for issuing a guarantee of the origin of electricity;
- stimulating the use of renewable energy sources in the transport sector.
During the preparation of the project, the real state of renewable energy and the corresponding targets defined in the already approved state strategic documents and European directives, as well as proposals from central executive authorities, specialized organizations, experts and scientific institutions were taken into account.
The draft plan was prepared in pursuance of the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of March 23, 2021 "On Challenges and Threats to the National Security of Ukraine in the Environmental Sphere and Priority Measures for Their Neutralization", put into effect by Decree of the President of Ukraine dated March 23, 2021 No. 111 .
The project was agreed with the Ministry of Energy of Ukraine and sent for approval to the interested executive authorities.
The discussion will last until February 20, 2022. The project is posted on the official website of the State Energy Efficiency at the link: https://saee.gov.ua/ru/content/elektronni-consultatsii. Offers are accepted by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal address: 01001, Kiev, per. Museum, 12.