The construction of the blast furnace No. 11 complex will be a breakthrough for the blast furnace production of Magnitka, will allow the decommissioning of three currently operating furnaces, and will significantly improve the economic and environmental performance of production.
The working volume of the new blast furnace will be 3.8 thousand cubic meters, capacity - 3.7 million tons of pig iron per year. The new blast furnace will be built using the world's best technology. The complex of the new furnace will use:
- conveyor supply of raw materials to the top of the top to the loading device;
- a closed cooling system with copper refrigerators, which will ensure the preservation of the working profile of the furnace in the zone with the most aggressive the impact of physical and chemical processes;
- tuyere devices of the "siphon" type, allowing to raise the temperature of the hot blast to 1300 0 C, which will reduce the specific consumption of coke;
- shaftless air heaters using a combustion air and gas heating system, which will significantly reduce emissions of NO x , CO 2 and other harmful substances;
- dry gas cleaning system, providing dust content at the outlet of no more than 5 mg /Nm3;
- gas utilization compressorless turbine (GUBT), which will generate an additional 22 MW of electricity.
In addition, the new furnace will be equipped with aspiration systems for foundry yards, bunker rooms and slag granulation near the blast furnace. The furnace will also be equipped with a closed circulation water supply cycle.
The use of advanced technologies, high equipment of the new blast furnace complex with environmental protection facilities, as well as the decommissioning of obsolete furnaces will allow MMK to reduce emissions of harmful substances into the atmosphere by 6.6 thousand tons per year, and CO emissions 2 - by 1,123 thousand tons per year.
Information and Public Relations Department of PJSC MMK