Such a structure as classic scissors is successfully used for metal processing - sheet metal up to 1.2 mm thick, rods and wire. This type of hand tool is used by professionals in various fields of activity and may always be needed at the household level by users who are accustomed to doing home repairs on their own. You can buy metal scissors today:
- In any hardware store specializing in their implementation.
- Via the supplier's online catalog.
The second method is preferable, because it provides the opportunity to independently study the detailed technical description and, if you have any questions, get professional advice from a specialist.
Classification and specificity
Despite the simplicity of its device, hand scissors have certain differences for performing specific tasks. Before choosing, the user should simply decide how exactly he will use them in practice:
- Straight cutting of sheet metal.
- Cutting bars, wires or rebar.
- Carrying out a cut in a circle, distinguish between options with left and right cutting edges.
In the description of each model, there are parameters of the thickness of the workpiece, which are "under the force" of this sample. Additionally, the length of the handles should be taken into account. The larger the lever (length), the less effort will have to be applied in practice. Necessary and important options:
- Quality, cheap fakes will quickly dull and become unusable.
- Availability of plastic handles, comfortable for holding and applying wrist forces.
- Possibility to securely lock when folded for transport or practical storage.