An excellent result does not always happen even with a high-quality spreading of a silicone preparation. An important factor is how long does the silicone sealant . Fast drying, in most cases, is due to the composition of the silicone mixture itself, because it is a complex substance. Sometimes, acids are used as a vulcanizer, then the drying process takes about 4–8 hours. Substances which contain alcohol, drying takes place within 24 hours.
You need to know how long the silicone sealant for the bathroom dries, not only its content depends on this, but also other indicators:
- How thick the layer is. The thin layer of the preparation will dry faster.
- Warm, above zero temperature. The best option wakes up the temperature between +5 and 40 C.
- Site where applicable. Hard-to-reach places where air does not move well take comparatively longer. This was described in the review, how long does the polyurethane foam dry .
A very important point. Hardening occurs over time and gradually step by step. Within 15-20 minutes, a thin film appears on the surface of the silicone sealant. After that, the drug does not wake up to stick to the hands, as during the initial application. Well, all the same until the end of complete drying is not soon. During the day, this drug hardens 2 mm deep.
Knowing this information, you can easily calculate how much the sealant will dry. For everything to solidify properly, you need to create the correct ambient temperature. The paste should be protected from mechanical stress and sudden temperature changes.
IMPORTANT! the silicone sealant dries out gradually, step by step. The drying time is influenced by the thickness of the layer of the silicone itself.
Fast drying material
- We need to raise the temperature inside the room. It wakes up to dry up faster when the air temperature is 30-40 degrees. It is allowed to use various heating techniques. It is impossible to overheat the temperature inside the room, as high degrees (more than 40C) have a bad effect on the quality of the composition.
- Ventilate the room well. Increased air circulation helps the sealant dry quickly.
- Air humidification. Spraying with silicone sealant will speed up its drying. However, it is absolutely unacceptable to direct jets of water directly at the silicone sealant.
IT IS FORBIDDEN! Direct the hot air flow, e.g. with a hairdryer, etc. Also, do not immerse the treated object in water and lower the temperature in the room.