The Ministry of Infrastructure has significantly simplified the procedure and reduced the time required to register a ship call. Now it can be issued around the clock through the e-mail of the State Service of Maritime and River Transport: firstname.lastname@example.org. The next step is to launch a separate electronic system for registration of ship calls. This was announced by the Minister of Infrastructure Vladislav Krikliy.
Previously, the procedure for registering a ship call was carried out through Morrichservice and took a significant amount of time to submit documents (from 14 to 18 hours), since it needed the constant presence of a ship's agent at each stage of document submission. In addition, it was obligatory to have printed copies of these documents, which is ineffective and only creates unnecessary bureaucratic burdens.
The registration of a ship call by e-mail, introduced by the Ministry of Infrastructure and the Maritime Administration, not only relieves the ship's agent from the need to personally provide preliminary data, but also significantly reduces the time required to register the ship's exit, since the documents are submitted in advance in electronic form and this speeds up the verification. Thus, the registration of a ship call takes on average 8-9 hours.
At the same time, the Ministry of Infrastructure continues to improve this procedure in order to translate it into electronic format. For this, a separate electronic system for registration of a ship call is being developed, which provides for:
- cancellation of the need for personal submission of documents by the ship's agent to the border service and port dispatch office;
- minimizing the time for registration of a ship call (registration within 4 hours);
- creation of a unified register of ship calls at the ports of Ukraine;
- improvement of the ship call control system;
- significant reduction of corruption risks through the maximum transfer of the procedure to electronic format.