The main requirement for pipelines used to transport or pump water (including hot water) is their tightness, as well as low maintenance costs. These requirements apply to both the pipes themselves and the shut-off valves, which are a mandatory element in any system. Used for:
- Emergency or planned shutdown of the movement of the working body.
- Partial decrease in pipeline passability (decrease in the volume of passing water).
Gate valves with a rubber wedge are among the most practical to use, reliable and affordable (the most various types are presented on the pages of the online catalog https://teharmatura.ru/~ZVDVs-MZV of the official website of the TEHARMATURA company).
Schematic diagram of the device
The low cost of valves of this type is due to the fact that cast iron is used for their manufacture. Each product consists of a heavy-duty body, flywheel, flanges and a non-rising stem. The element for overlapping the movement of the working fluid is a wedge, which rises or falls along the spindle thread as a result of the rotation of the flywheel. Fully rubberized (covered with a layer of technical rubber) wedge surface provides:
- Its tight and sealed fit in the seat when the valve is closed.
- No seizure of shut-off valves as a result of prolonged use in the Closed position.
- Immunity of the wedge to changes in temperature values of the environment or the working fluid (water) transported through the pipeline.
This type of gate valves is used in pipelines with an internal pressure of the pumped liquid not exceeding 1.6 MPa. The permissible maximum temperature regime is set for each product name, depending on the type of rubber used. Certain models can be operated at values of 100 - 150 C degrees.
You can get more complete information and familiarize yourself with the types of valves with a rubber wedge on the official website of the TEKHARMATURA company. The locking devices presented on the catalog pages fully correspond to the dimensional parameters and have a quality guarantee.