Modern technologies allow us to make the devices we use smaller, and their functionality is expanding. Not surprisingly, size minimization has also affected the precision instrument industry. Portable XRF analyzers are close to stationary installations. Now, it is not necessary to spend a significant amount of time to control the quality of manufactured products.
Advantages of modern analyzers
The main advantage is that you do not need complex preparatory operations to work. The device uses the principle of spectrometry to obtain very accurate data, sometimes up to two decimal places. Small and high precision tools in the hands of a professional have the following advantages:
- Get alloy or pure metal composition data in seconds.
- A high degree of protection of both the user and the test sample from radiation.
- Non-invasive method is safer and does not affect accuracy.
- The high cost of the equipment is fully paid off by the promptness of the research.
In fact, the instrument must be presented to the sample under study. It is not necessary to destroy it and place the sample in a special compartment. Set up the device and press the corresponding key. In a few seconds, the monitor will display all the necessary, and most importantly, reliable information.
Scope of compact devices
The main field of activity of the analyzers is metallurgical enterprises working with pure metals and their alloys. The classical research method is quite complex and requires a lot of time to analyze samples. The RFA analyzer will cope with the task in less than a minute. Other, equally important areas of use can be added:
- analysis of paintwork for the presence of hazardous metals;
- checking jewelry for compliance with the declared samples;
- filter analysis for specific contamination;
- checking the soil for its suitability for growing certain crops;
- a number of other spheres of human life.
The well-protected housing of the compact device allows you to take it with you on the road, for analysis outside the enterprise and premises. Protection against negative factors of operation is the main characteristic of the device, helping it to maintain its functions regardless of anything.