The State Energy Efficiency Agency of Ukraine is working to improve the draft concept of the state target economic program on energy efficiency and the development of renewable energy sources for 2022-2026.
The corresponding draft government order was developed by the State Energy Efficiency Agency in connection with the need to adopt a new targeted energy efficiency program for the next five-year period to replace the existing program, which is about to expire.
The goal of the program is to create conditions for increasing the level of energy efficiency of the national economy in terms of reducing energy consumption and increasing energy independence by using local types of energy raw materials from renewable energy sources.
The draft concept provides for incentives:
- the population for the implementation of energy efficient measures, the installation of solar collectors and heat pumps;
- enterprises to implement energy efficient measures;
- development of the energy service market for thermal modernization at state and municipal facilities;
- renovation of government buildings and ensuring the energy efficiency of such buildings at a level not lower than the minimum requirements for the energy performance of buildings;
- development of infrastructure for charging stations for electric vehicles;
- development of bioenergy (in particular, the production of electricity from biogas, the cultivation of energy plants).