Electric motors as an electric drive are an important component of many technological processes. These devices can be adapted to a wide variety of tasks with minimal maintenance.
However, in order to save money, sometimes the equipment is not equipped with control devices in the form of frequency converters, which negatively affects the quality of production processes, as the specialists of the Techno-Privod company explain here .
What are frequency converters for electric motors for?
The main purpose of the frequency converter is to optimize operating modes.
- Significant reduction in the likelihood of electric motor burnout in case of unstable voltage.
- Prevent equipment overheating.
- Increase in the service life of mechanisms when working in difficult and extreme conditions.
- Prevention of equipment wear due to constant speed operation.
- Availability of soft start and stop functionality.
- Process control in automatic mode, motor control.
- Prevention of destructive dry running.
Frequency converters for automation of control processes
Frequency converters allow maximum automation of control and adjustment processes for various types of industrial equipment. The set technical parameters are fully preserved without distortion. During operation, data on work is sent to the control panel in accordance with the established regulations.
To improve equipment performance and reduce energy consumption, it is important to choose the correct frequency converter in accordance with the characteristics of the equipment:
- Motor power and control type.
- Rated current parameters.
- Features of the load.
- Amount of dust and moisture resistance.
Difficulty selection of frequency converters
Modern converters are distinguished by advanced functionality and many options: automatic restart, multi-step programming, data copying, connection of auxiliary devices, built-in additional modules.
The peculiarities of choosing a frequency converter are not only in the correct selection according to technical characteristics, but also in the maximum use of its capabilities. Since the correct choice of a frequency converter can be difficult even for experienced engineers, it is advisable to entrust the selection to Techno-Privod specialists, who will advise and select the appropriate equipment.