Ensuring the safety of employees is one of the key tasks of business owners. It is better to prevent an emergency than to be held accountable and compensated for the injury to the employee or his family later. To ensure safety, danger zones, vehicles and other traumatic elements are made bright and clearly visible from afar.
What technical means will help ensure security at the enterprise?
- Safety signs and road signs for vehicles that move around the territory of the enterprise. They can be both standard and made according to an individual project. Reflective tape is applied to the signs to make them visible in all lighting conditions.
- Signal and protective polymer tapes for fencing hazardous areas. For them, the most contrasting colors are usually chosen: red-white or black-yellow, and during manufacture they use a light stabilizer: with it, the tapes also become noticeable from afar. The width of the tape can vary from 7.5 to 50 mm.
- Walls, corners, columns are protected from damage by vehicles using dampers. They are made of impact resistant rubber or polyethylene foam. When a vehicle hits a wall bumpers for walls take the blow and soften it ... In the same way, you can designate beams that you can hit your head on, and floor protrusions that you can stumble over. The dampers, like the signal strips, are painted in contrasting and highly visible colors: black and yellow.
- In warehouses, it is important to protect the racks of racks from being hit by loaders. Protection for them is made in the same way as dampers made of bright yellow low density polyethylene foam. It does not deform during forklift collisions and is resistant to high and low temperatures.
- The transport used inside the workshops and the dimensions of the premises for better visibility are indicated with the help of retroreflective markings. Protruding parts of the floor (thresholds, steps) and hazardous areas can also be marked with reflective markings. This is done using polymer adhesive tape, which is coated with glass beads that reflect light and ceramic particles that make the surface less slippery.
- Rubber floor coverings reduce the chance of slipping on stairs and slippery areas.
- Spherical mirrors are installed in areas of limited visibility. They help you spot a forklift or any other special equipment that can suddenly drive around a corner or rack.
Zones of high elevation differences, traffic trajectories, rooms with unhealthy conditions, electrical installations, and hazardous work areas need mandatory marking.