Acting Chairman of the State Energy Efficiency of Ukraine Konstantin Gura, Chairman of the Board of the German Energy Agency (DENA) Andreas Kuhlmann and DENA Director Christina Haverkamp signed a Memorandum of Cooperation between State Energy Efficiency and DENA.
“Germany is Ukraine's strategic partner, especially in energy efficiency reforms. Confirmation of this is the close cooperation with GIZ, the Foundation. F. Ebert, Foundation. G. Belle. Today we are happy to renew and continue our cooperation with a long-term partner, the well-known German center for research and expertise on the "energy transition" - the German Energy Agency ", - commented K. Gora.
Having concluded the Memorandum, the parties agreed to deepen the partnership aimed at the joint development of tools to improve energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources in Ukraine, as well as to implement joint projects on a mutually beneficial basis.
Among the main areas of cooperation, it is worth highlighting the following:
- Energy strategy and energy policy, taking into account measures to support energy efficiency and the development of renewable energy;
- Use of energy storage technologies;
- Energy efficiency in industry and buildings;
- Reforms in the field of heat and power engineering;
- Strengthening research, innovation and competitiveness.
To achieve the goals, the parties will cooperate in:
- Improving state policy instruments (legislative initiatives, support mechanisms, etc.) in Ukraine, taking into account the norms of EU directives and the experience of Germany;
- Development of joint proposals for the implementation of innovative technologies in these areas;
- Development of concepts, norms, methods;
- Joint development and maintenance of projects;
- Organization of training and professional development of experts.
According to the Communications and Public Relations Department of the State Energy Efficiency of Ukraine, the Memorandum will become one of the mechanisms for implementing tasks within the framework of the Ukrainian-German energy partnership launched in August 2020.