The technology of manufacturing certain types of metal products using metal-cutting machines implies preliminary surface treatment of the workpiece (product):
- Remove rust or paint residues.
- Removing burrs or descaling.
What is the use of special pneumatic equipment. So, the production company Aoks (shot blasting systems and sandblasting chambers) develops and supplies this type technological systems for the needs of a specific type of production (metalworking) activity.
Schematic diagram of the shot blasting system
The simplest type of shot blasting machine is a small chamber into which a part (workpiece) is placed. The operator, through a special nozzle, delivers a jet of compressed air containing shot fractions to the surface to be treated. The capacity of the installation depends entirely on the capacity of the compressor, which creates the air flow.
On an industrial scale, for example, for the processing of sheet metal or a batch of finished products, more powerful and efficient abrasive equipment is used:
- Stationary shot blast machine - equipped with a powerful electric motor that drives a wheel with blades in rotation, creating an air stream containing abrasive (shot).
- Pass-through version - the installation works on the principle of a chamber for processing a part with an air flow with an abrasive, equipped with a mesh conveyor. On it, the part is fed and removed from the chamber. The installation can have several chambers for coarse and fine cleaning at once.
- The device of the drum principle of action - the rotation of the drum inside the chamber allows high quality (from all sides) to process a batch of small (small) parts.
You can get more complete information about the types and technical capabilities of shot blasting and sandblasting systems using the website of their developer, manufacturer and supplier to the domestic market. The online catalog of the resource contains models already made and successfully launched into production processes.