JSC "Dneprotyazhmash" (Dnipro, Ukraine) for the first time manufactured and shipped a steel carrier - a new type of product for itself from the line of industrial technological transport. The customer of the equipment was the metallurgical plant EVRAZ NTMK.
Steel carrier SS-175-2500 is designed for transportation of loaded and empty steel-pouring ladles with a capacity of 175 tons in an oxygen-converter shop. It is a self-propelled platform consisting of a frame supported by two travel drives. The steel truck is also equipped with an automatic coupler with a remote release mechanism and a scraper device for cleaning the track from metal and slag emissions.
As always, in the design and manufacture of equipment, special emphasis was placed on its reliability and safety during operation. Thus, the SS-175-2500 steel carrier produced by Dneprotyazhmash JSC has the following design features:
- the frame is made as a welded metal structure from 09G2S low-alloy steel;
- for protection against high temperatures of liquid steel (up to 1,500 ° С) there is a possibility of lining the frame, covering the drive mechanisms and lifting the scraper with refractory bricks;
- the cabling is made with RKGM wires with heat-resistant insulation and additional thermal protection with a heat-resistant sleeve Pyrojacket 35 and heat-resistant sealant;
- U-channel serves as a protective casing for cable routes;
- the safety of the operating personnel is ensured by remote control of the steel truck from the control stations.
- the average service life of the product is 15 years.
Previously, Dneprotyazhmash traditionally produced other types of industrial technological transport: slag carriers, cast iron carriers, metallurgical pushers, platforms and carts for various purposes. So, in addition to the steel carrier, over the past year the enterprise supplied its customers 1 car pusher, 3 metallurgical pushers, 2 cast iron carriers and 11 slag carriers.
JSC "Dneprotyazhmash" is a leading enterprise of heavy mechanical engineering of a complete production cycle, which is part of the scientific and production group "Dneprotechservice" (Dnipro, Ukraine). Founded in 1914, the plant is the main supplier of technological equipment and engineering solutions for the mining and metallurgical sector, construction and transport industries.
Today, Dneprotyazhmash is a world leader in the production of tubing for metro and mine tunnels, a leader in the CIS countries in the production of equipment for automated unloading of open-top railcars, as well as a leading manufacturer of equipment for GOKs, sinter, coke-chemical, blast-furnace and steel-making industries .